Denboer Logo - Tailored Insurance Solutions
Denboer Logo
Tailored Insurance Solutions
Find us on Facebook
Home |About Us |Contact |Links
Products & Services
Client Tools
Contact Us
Business Insurance
Expatriate Medical Cover
Tradesperson Insurance
Workers' Compensation
Travel Insurance
Private Insurance
Premium Funding
Pay Premiums Online
Existing Claim Enquiries
Lodge a New Claim
Home & Contents Value Calculator
Are You Underinsured?
Motor Vehicle
Landlord's Insurance

Landlord's Insurance

If you have invested in the property market and have a rental property it is important to correctly insure this asset.

  • Does the value correctly reflect new replacement at current costs ? To check, please use the building value calculator [click here]
  • The Landlords policy does not cover any contents and “fitted carpets, curtains and blinds” are defined as contents. As a result it is prudent to add an amount to cover these contents.
  • It is a good idea to cover Loss of Rental should the property be damaged by fire or storm etc. and your tenants need to move out while rebuilding and repairs are being carried out.
  • You can also cover Rent Default for tenants who abscond and leave without paying their rental.
  • Malicious Damage caused by tenants is not automatically insured. Please ask us to check if you have this extension to your policy.
  • Public Liability cover should be at least $10,000,000 to cover your potential liability to the tenants.
  • You are required to have smoke detectors in the rental property.  If you do not have, please make an urgent effort to put some in as you could be held liable if tenants are killed by fire or their property damaged

If your policy is in need of any amendments or you want a quote to extend your cover please contact us by phone


Home | About Us | Services | Client Tools | Contact | Links | Site Map | Privacy Policy| Important Documents